How to apply
To apply for our program, firstly please write a letter to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. To your letter, you should attach your documents. The complete list of documents for applying:
- Copy of passport which will be used to enter Russian Federation. The passport should be valid for at least 18 month after the presumed date of starting the education program.
- Documents of your previous education (bachelor/specialist/master diploma) with the list of subjects studies and grades for them. If you haven’t received it yet — you can attach a certificate that you are still studying and will receive a diploma this year.
- Your CV including places where you have studied before or worked before.
- Letters of recommendation (at least two) are needed. Recommendation letters should be send by your referees directly to our email address email@example.com.
- Any other information that is relevant to your academic background.
Еach applicant solves a test of 10 problems during 2 hours. After that, our program committee decides on each applicant (whether or not to accept) depending on his results.
Applicants should have a basic knowledge of:
- Algebra: groups, rings, fields, finite fields, matrices, polynomials.
- Linear Algebra: vector spaces, bases, dimension, vector spaces over finite fields, examples.
- Basics of Combinatorics: rools of addition and multiplication, permutations, combinations with repetition and without, binomial coefficients and binomial theorem.
- Calculus: limits of consequences, continious functions, limits of functions, derivatives, Taylor series.
- Probability: Classical denition of event probability, geometrical probability model.